Savate kickboxing classes.
Bermondsey / London Bridge tube
Mon and Thu. 7:15-8:45pm
For Men and Women, all levels.
Dance Studio, Harris Academy Bermondsey, 55 Southwark Park Road, SE16 3TZ
10min walk Bermondsey tube. 200m2 of training space, showers, changing rooms, and on-site parking.
What to bring
For your first class:
- Boots. Appropriate, clean, indoor-use shoes. See what we recommend. Clean trainers or sports shoes are fine for first class.
- Gym clothing: avoid zips / snags / baggy as much as possible.
- Water bottle for hydration.
If you can:
- Boxing gloves and wraps (we have some you can borrow)
- Gum shield for touch-contact training.
- Groin guard for sparring.
- Shin guards: optional but recommended.
We practise Assaut Savate, which excludes force from strikes in training and competition. This means you can train, spar, and compete without full-contact blows. That said, all contact sports carry risks, but we aim to reduce them as much as possible.
We never want to see anyone excluded from training for financial reasons. If our fees are a genuine barrier to your ability to train, please write and we will sort something out :)
COVID guidance from 28th March 2022
The risk of Covid-19 transmission cannot be eliminated and, by its nature, martial arts training carries higher risk than many other activities. Before deciding to train you must consider whether it is appropriate for you, including careful consideration of your own vulnerability and the risk you pose to those around you.
- You should not attend if you have Covid-19 symptoms, a positive test, or recent close contact with either.
- On arrival please show your NHS Covid-19 pass or equivalent – e.g. proof of recent negative test.
- Follow the hygiene and sanitisation procedures given in class.
- Inform us if you later experience symptoms following training.
Beginners always welcome