London Savate travels frequently to international Savate opens. We have a great time exploring, meeting people, getting into the ring, and showing how well we prepare.
- London Savate has a great reputation across the world and we aim to select athletes who will improve upon it.
- Have the courage to train and fight to your best ability.
- Show patience and acceptance of all results.
- Be friendly and kind in the spirit of international cooperation.
- Help your teammates both in and out of the ring.
- Consult a doctor if in any doubt about your medical fitness to participate.
- Fighters are encouraged to hold a European health insurance card (EHIC) or equivalent insurance. Apply here: ehic.org.uk
- Supply an emergency contact number before we travel.
- Athletes who compete in national or international Savate events may have their urine and/or blood tested any time, at any location, without advance notice.
- You may need to apply for a TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption) for certain medications.
- If in doubt, read more information and the prohibited list.
- Plan for 7-8 weeks preparation.
- Attend at least once per week.
- Agree a training plan with an instructor
- Gloves of correct weight.
- Regulation Savate boots, or very similar.
- Shin guards. (No more than 1cm thick, soft)
- Gum shield.
- Groin guard.
- Chest guard (females).
- Savate trousers or similar (no shorts).
- Tight fighting top. (Must tuck in).
- Tape for laces.
- Small ring towel.
Travel, Money, Accommodation.
- Fighters are responsible for paying their own travel, accommodation, and entry costs.
- Your instructor will make your registration for you. Please fill in the form below.