London Savate frequently attends open competitions. Apply to be on the team using this page.
Please read the following information carefully.
- London Savate has a great reputation across the world and we wish to select athletes who will improve upon it.
- Use courage to train and fight to your best ability.
- Show patience and acceptance of all results.
- Act in the spirit of international cooperation.
- Be a supportive teammate.
- Consult a doctor if in any doubt about your medical fitness to participate.
- Fighters are encouraged to hold insurance to ensure access to medical treatment in the jurisdiction of the event. eg a European health insurance card EHIC
- Please supply an emergency contact number before we travel.
- Athletes who compete in national or international Savate events may have their urine and/or blood tested any time, at any location, without advance notice.
- You may need to apply for a TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption) for certain medications.
- If in doubt, read more information and the prohibited list.
- Plan for 7-8 weeks of preparation.
- Attend class sparring at least once per week, and message if you cannot make a week.
- Agree a personal training plan with an instructor.
- Gloves of correct weight.
- Regulation Savate boots, or very similar.
- Shin guards. (No more than 1cm thick, soft)
- Gum shield.
- Groin guard.
- Chest guard (females).
- Savate trousers or similar (no shorts).
- Tight fighting top, preferably displaying ‘London Savate’. (Must tuck in).
- Tape for laces.
- Small ring towel.
Finance and travel.
- Fighters are responsible for paying their own travel, accommodation, and entry costs.
- Your instructor will make your registration for you. Please fill in the form below.