Savate is a French kick-punch sport (like kickboxing) using touch contact. It is taught as a game and as a discipline. It is aesthetic, effective, ethical, and educational.
In our Savate classes your child can:
- Learn co-ordination.
- Develop fitness.
- Discover self-discipline.
- Practise a unique sport.
- & learn a few French words.
Savate Boxe Française.
- Savate is a controlled, disciplined, precise kick-boxing sport, developed since the 1830s in France and England.
- Today Savate is a popular sport with men, women, and children competing around the world.
- London Savate has been teaching students since 2004 under former World Champion, international coach James Southwood.
- All of our classes are Assaut (no force/power) in which the game is touch tag: damage and heavy contact is forbidden.
Current junior classes:
14 years and over older teenagers can join the main class. See booking timetable
If you would like your child to be part of a junior Savate class, please get in touch to let us know your interest
We are registered with and licensed under the Great Britain Savate Federation (itself a part of the Federation Internationale de Savate) and the British Martial Arts and Boxing Association. All our instructors are insured, qualified, vetted, and have first aid training.