We welcome Savate clubs from around the world to London in Summer 2017 for a packed Savate Open! Organised by London Savate and sanctioned by the Great Britain Savate Federation.
Registration has now closed.
FRIDAY 9TH JUNE.
7pm a river walk by the beautiful Thames at night, starting at Waterloo station.
SATURDAY 10TH JUNE.
10am international Savate Open starts at the London Nautical School. Meet at Waterloo station or at the venue.
7:30pm afterparty starting at the nearby National Theatre.
SUNDAY 11TH JUNE.
London sightseeing and a frisbee tournament in the park 🙂
Order your tshirt by 30th May
T-shirts are available via advance order only, so we don’t end up with leftovers. LAST ORDER 30.05.2017.
The venue is walking distance from Waterloo, London Bridge or Blackfriars train station, and Southwark underground station.
Map of venue
– From Eurostar. From St Pancras, take the Northern Line to London Bridge and walk along Stamford Street (20 minutes).
– From Gatwick Airport: take the train to London Bridge (30-60 minutes) and walk. Or to Victoria Station and take District/Circle line to Blackfriars.
– From Heathrow Airport: take the Piccadilly Line, change at Green Park, take the Jubilee Line to Waterloo/Southwark. (About 60 minutes).
– From other airports: take the train to central London and change to the underground. Feel free to send a message to advise on best routes.
Contactless debit cards are the cheapest and quickest way of paying for the London underground.
We regret we do not have the resources to organise accommodation for attendees. London is a big city and accommodation can be expensive, so look around. The venue is in the centre of London and is accessible on the underground and train network very easily. A hotel even in zone 4-5 will be fine. Feel free to message for an opinion. Or get in contact to see if a London member can accommodate you in their flat or house.
James Vincent Southwood, +44(0)7950 456307
Important advice for athletes and coaches:
– Athletes need to be registered using the Registration Form.
– To cover hall costs, the entry fee is £15 for fighters, £5 for spectators. Please visit our funding page at www.crowdfunder.co.uk/london-savate-international-open-2017
2. Form of bouts.
– Bouts will be held under Savate Assaut international rules as given by FISav.
– The decision of the DO in any matter regarding the progress of bouts is final.
– Bouts will consist of 3 x 1.5 minute rounds, with 1 minute rest.
– All bouts will take place on mats.
– Medals will be awarded in categories which have been successfully contested.
– Athletes will undergo a kit check before each bout. The regulations covering British Savate bouts will be used http://savate.org.uk/kitrequirements
Reproduced in brief: athletes must be in possession of –
– Safe and appropriate boots.
– Gloves of appropriate weight
– Mandatory protection: gum shield, shin guards, groin guard, chest guard (female).
– Safe and appropriate clothing.
4. Medical and safety.
– Athletes should complete a medical check in their country or club or origin.
– We recommend you consult a medical doctor or physician if you are in any doubt as to your medical suitability for the event.
– Whilst this is an Assaut competition, injuries do happen and while the organiser takes every care to reduce this risk, be aware that this is a contact sport. Please respect all the safety advice given by officials and marshals on the day.
– Athletes from within the EU are advised to bring their EHIC insurance card.
– Travel and medical insurance is the responsibility of each athlete.