Savate clubs around the world are coming to London this summer for a great day of Savate competition.
- Date: Saturday 8th June 201 | 9am-6pm.
- Location: London Nautical School, 61 Stamford Street, SE1 9NA.
- Registration. Individual registration is required for ALL athletes.
- Level: Assaut. Beginner to advanced.
- Ages: Senior and veteran (18 years +). Clubs with children should contact the organiser to arrange matches.
- Organiser: London Savate.
Registration is now closed.
- We have over 50 athletes travelling from all over the world. Matches will be made and circulated shortly.
- Clubs are encouraged to bring judges and referees. Please contact us to put names down.
- Spectators welcome on the day (£5 entry).
- 09h00 Hall opens.
- 10h00 First assaut.
- 17h00 Last assaut.
- 18h00 Finish.
- 19h00 Party on the Southbank.
🚄 Waterloo | London Bridge | Blackfriars train station. (5-10 minutes walk).
🚇 Southwark underground station. Contactless cards work on the London underground.
🚆 Eurostar St Pancras. (20-30 minutes).
✈ Gatwick Airport (60 minutes). Heathrow Airport (60 minutes).
We regret we do not have the resources to organise accommodation for attendees.
Important information for athletes and coaches:
– Athletes need to be registered using the Registration Form.
– To cover hall costs, there is a participation fee.
2. Form of bouts.
– Bouts will be held under Savate Assaut international rules as given by FISav.
– The decision of the DO in any matter regarding the progress of bouts is final.
– Bouts will consist of 3 x 1.5 minute rounds, with 1 minute rest.
– All bouts will take place on mats.
– Athletes will undergo a kit check before each bout. FISav regulations will be used.
– Safe and appropriate boots.
– Gloves of appropriate weight
– Mandatory protection: gum shield, shin guards, groin guard, chest guard (female).
– Safe and appropriate clothing.
4. Medical and safety.
– Athletes should complete a medical check in their country or club or origin.
– We recommend you consult a doctor or physician if you are in any doubt as to your medical suitability for the event.
– Whilst this is an Assaut competition, injuries do happen and while the organiser takes every care to reduce this risk, be aware that this is a contact sport. Please respect all the safety advice given by officials and marshals on the day.
– Travel and medical insurance is the responsibility of each athlete.
– Athletes should be aware of Anti-Doping regulations and the list of banned substances: www.wada-ama.org