From 17 May 2021.
We are operating under the DCMS-approved Kickboxing England Return to Play (linked below), which explicitly permits such use. Read the following guidance fully and treat the rules with respect.
Please note that the law still requires social distancing as a measure to combat the transmission of Covid-19, which is most likely to occur at close range . Contact combat sports involve close ranges and sustained contact with other people, so you must be aware of this inherent risk.
Before the session:
- You must book in advance. No on-the-day bookings. Students who turn-up without having booked WILL be turned away.
- You are required to complete the Covid-19 screening and cancel immediately if you notice symptoms or come into close contact with anyone with symptoms before the class.
- Please minimise what you pack for class to reduce risk of contamination.
- Please arrive on time at the meeting point or venue and continue to respect the relevant social distancing and mask wearing laws.
- Please do NOT greet your colleagues with fist/elbow bumps or hugs. Instead, use the Savate salute at 2m distance.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival, either using your own or the hand sanitiser provided.
- If training indoors, please continue wearing a mask until you begin working out.
- Only equipment specifically needed for the exercise will be allowed into the training area, personal belongings must be kept in a quarantine area, indicated when you arrive.
During the session:
- Social distancing will be observed across the class except during a limited number of partnered training drills.
- Athletes must sanitise their gloves and boots before and after each contact training session.
- Partner training contact is ONLY to the extended gloves of your partner about 1m away. NO CONTACT to persons or to clothing.
- During glove contact training, please avoid bringing your hands back to your face as much as possible.
- Sharing of personal equipment or water bottles between students is not permitted.
After the session:
- All athletes must sanitise their hands and equipment upon leaving the field of play.
- When the session finishes, all social distancing and mask-wearing laws will again apply.
- Although we will really want to socialise, please resist this temptation and leave the training area promptly.
- If you notice any Covid-19 symptoms within 14 days after training, you MUST inform the instructor.
- For the contact part of the session, you will train with your training buddy.
- UPDATE: sometimes you may train in a group of 3 in order to keep within bubbles.
- Your instructor keeps track of training buddies to ensure no-one is doing contact training outside of a maximum total bubble of 6.
- Members who have been not been training for 10 days may be uncoupled from any training buddies or bubbles.
- Please write to us first if you are in a contact training bubble in another setting.
Your instructor will continue to provide emergency first aid as usual and where required. We will ask whether you prefer to self-treat basic and minor abrasions and bumps etc, under the guidance of a qualified instructor.
Where we must provide first aid to you, we will endeavour to use gloves and a mask to reduce the risk of infection. Please be aware that depending on the nature of your injury we may not have the time to undertake thorough distancing measures before giving emergency treatment. Speak with us in advance if this may be of a concern to you.
We remain fully insured as appropriate and any cover you have with membership remains fully active. Note that there is no liability accepted for any parties arising as a direct result of Covid-19. Please ensure you have suitable alternative arrangements in place for cover required arising from any Covid-19 risks relating to your training.
To attend training you must pass ALL the screening checks at the time of booking, before, and during the session.
- I am NOT suffering any Covid-19 symptoms inc: a high temperature; a new, continuous cough; a loss of sense of smell or taste.
- I have NOT been in close contact with someone with symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
- I have NOT travelled to or from an area considered to be high Covid-19 risk in the last 14 days.
- If I experience Covid-19 symptoms within 14 days of the session I will write to the instructor.
As of the 8th April 2021 DCMS have formally approved this document as the single Action Plan for the sport of kickboxing within England. It is important to note that any club can follow this approved Return to Play policy WITHOUT being a member of any of the organisations listed above.
Grassroots Sports Guidance – Step 3 (17th May 2021)
Outdoors, organised contact combat sport activities can resume at phase 2 for children, and phase 1 for adults. Organised sessions can take place in any number, but people must maintain the rules on social contact before and after the training session.
Indoors, organised contact combat sport activities can resume at phase 2 for children. Adults organised group session can resume indoors at phase 1. All participants should adhere to social distancing when not actively participating e.g. during breaks. Coaches must take steps to ensure the level of contact is reduced as much as possible. E.g. social distancing should be maintained during warms up and solo training.WAKO GB, Return to Play – Kickboxing, May 2021
The following Medium Risk and High Risk Activities can be performed during phase 1:
• Pad Work (PPE) – indoors
• Partnered Training Drills
• Pad Work (No PPE) – outdoors